eZ DMS File
The eZ DMS File is designed to hold any kind of binary file, such as pdf, .xls or other format.
The permissions on an eZ DMS File is not set at the file level, but inherited from the parent eZ DMS Folder.
The eZ DMS File have the following attributes:
Next reminder: The date the file will be obsolete. by default this value is set to 5 years from now. It's a default value to prevent files to be forgotted in the system.
Recurrence: In conjonction with the next reminder, the default value is 5 years too. The recurrence set the frequency at which the editor(s) and manager(s) of the file will be reminded about.
Tolerance: Is the last parameter of the reminder system. The Tolerance indicate 3 things:
- How many time before the next publication date the the editor(s) will be notified
- How many time after the next publication date the editor(s) and manager(s)will be notified
- The time scope, around the next publication date, in which an edition to the file will be considered as a new or a modification of the published file.
A file must be updated every day by 5 p.m.
The user will set the 'Next reminder' to tomorrow 5 p.m. and choose a daily recurrence with a 2 hours tolerance.
- At 3 p.m., the editor(s) will receive a reminder. From now on, if he edit the file, the next publication date will be recomputed to the next day.
- At 4 p.m., the editor(s) will receive a reminder (if the file has not been udated)
- At 5 p.m., the editor(s) will receive a reminder (if the file has not been udated)
- At 6 p.m., the editor(s) and the Manager(s) will receive a reminder (if the file has not been udated)
- and so on...
Had the Editor(s) modified the file before 3 p.m. (before the beginning of the tolerance) the next publication date would have not been recomputed. The changes would have been considered as an update of the previous version.
Relational tags act as keywords and generate a tag map where all tags are represented as link toward a list of all content sharing the tag. The size of the font that display the tag name is relative to the number of content sharing this tag.
Hierarchical tags are visual categories
File editor(s) and File manager(s) are eZ DMS Staff
Force notification to email(s) allows to send email(s) to a list of addresses when the file will be published. This is a one shoot action as the value is reset to null everytime the file is edited. This is used to inform someone once a requested file as been unlocked.
Lock / Unlock
When a user download a file in order to edit it, he/she has the possibility to 'lock' the file.
A locked file will display the locked logo as well as the date and the name of the user who locked it.
A locked file cannot be edited by a user who is not:
- The user that locked the eZ DMS File.
- A user with 'Admin permission' on the eZ DMS parent Folder.