Users are granted permissions according to the group(s) they belongs to.
Pre defined groups are:
Anonymous (permissions given to anybody, needed to display the login form)
- Login eng, ger, fre, ezdms siteaccess
- Read Content of the home design
All staffs (At registration, eZ DMS staffs become member of 'All staffs'. They must keep it a their main location)
- Edit Own account
- Edit Own password
- Manage Own preferences
- Manage Own bookmarks
- Manage Own notification
- Use WebsiteToolbar
- Use Lock / Unlock
- Read Homepage
- Read User groups and eZ DMS Staffs (Located in 'All Staffs')
- Read Version diff for eZ DMS files
- Read 'Documentation' tree
- Create comment within the 'Documentation' tree
- Collaboration use for pre publish approval management
- Read Subtree 'Templates'
- Read Subtree 'Users'
- Create eZ DMS Folder if parent class is Folder or eZ DMS Folder
- Create eZ DMS File if parent class is eZ DMS Folder
- Edit eZ DMS File and Folders
Other permissions are generated according to the parameters given to the eZ DMS Folder and eZ DMS File.
Permissions on eZ DMS Folder
- Read permissions (user groups allowed to read)
- Edit permissions (user groups allowed to edit)
- Admin perms (user groups allowed to unlock files)
Users with 'Edit' permissions can create a content within the eZ DMS Folder. They can also lock a file and unlock a file they locked themselves.
Users with 'Edit' permissions cannot break a lock on a file unless they created it themselves. This is reserved to users with 'Admin' permissions.
In the real world, group members will be granted 'Edit' permissions while group manager(s) will have the 'Admin' privileges.
Nota: The 'File editors' and 'File managers' of an eZ DMS File have no special permissions, they are users choosen (amongst the users that have the 'Edit' or the 'Admin' permissions) to be responsible for the file update.
Nota: The permissions are not given at the file level. Files inherit their permissions according to the eZ DMS Folder they are in.